These pancakes are so so so so good and are so easy to make. You only need bananas, eggs, milk, coconut flour, your favourite vanilla protein powder, and of course, culinary matcha.
Unlike traditional pancakes that are heavily on the carbohydrate side, these pancakes contain a good balance of healthy fats, carbohydrates and protein. So they will leave you feeling satisfied and ready to take on the day! They also contain matcha, premium ground Japanese green tea, that turns the batter a beautiful green and adds in extra antioxidants, chlorophyll and energy.
What’s best, you can whip this all up in a blender so you can spend more time enjoying your pancakes than cleaning up the mess.
- 3 ripe bananas
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup of almond milk (or milk of your choice)
- 1/3 cup of coconut flour
- 1 scoop of vanilla protein powder (30g)
- 1 tbsp Naked Matcha’s Culinary Grade Matcha
- coconut oil or butter for frying pan
- Preheat your frying pan to medium heat.
- In a blender, add the bananas, eggs, coconut milk, coconut flour, protein powder and matcha. Blend until well combined. The consistency should be similar to the consistency of traditional pancake batter. If it’s too thin, add more protein powder or coconut flour. If it’s too thick, add more almond milk.
- Add coconut oil or butter to your preheated frying pan. Pour batter into pan and lightly brown both sides. Serve hot.
- Add maple syrup if you like, but these bananas are fairly sweet on their own from the banana (and may be even sweeter if your protein powder contains sweetener/sugar).
This recipe was adapted from A Spicy Perspective’s Paleo Pancakes Recipe.