Makes one 12 oz refreshing & energizing iced drink!
What you’ll need
- 4 oz chilled filter water
- 4 oz milk (almond or dairy)
- 1/2 – 1 tsp Naked Matcha’s Latte Grade Organic Matcha
- 2 oz strawberry syrup (see below for recipe!)
- 1 tsp pure maple syrup (or to taste)
- 1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract (alcohol-free)
- 1-2 drops (about 1/8 tsp) vanilla bean paste
- 2 oz ice
- Martini shaker & paper straw
- Add strawberry syrup to the bottom of a clear glass. Then add ice.
- In a martini shaker add milk, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and vanilla bean paste. Shake vigorously.
- Slowly pour vanilla sweetened milk over ice.
- Rinse the martini shaker with water, then add matcha and water. Shake until matcha is well suspended and frothy layer has formed on the top.
- Slowly pour cold brew matcha over milk and ice.
- Pop in a paper straw and enjoy!
If fresh, local strawberries are in season where you are, we highly recommend using them in this recipe! If not, use frozen strawberries instead and leave out the water/orange juice.
What you’ll need
This makes enough syrup for approximately 6 drinks. This syrup is also good as a topping on matcha pancakes, oatmeal, smoothie bowls, and more! 😉
- 2 cups strawberries (stemmed removed and well washed – cut larger strawberries in half)
- honey (to taste)
- 2 tbsp water or orange juice
- In a sauce pan, bring to a boil strawberries and water/orange juice.
- Reduce to medium-low and simmer for about 10 minutes. While simmering, add honey to desired sweetness.
- Remove from heat, and allow mixture to cool for 5-10 minutes before transferring to a blender. Blend until a smooth syrup forms.
- Transfer syrup to a jar. Let cool completely at room temperature before refrigerating.